Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Last Day of Summer

The view from the Shake Shack
Ruby's Crystal Cove Shake Shack
I can't believe that the time has finally come for summer to end for us and school to start for Sarah and Emily. Where has the time gone? Just two days ago I brought Sarah home from the hospital and just yesterday I brought Emily home. Now they are big enough for Kindergarten and preschool. Sarah will go to morning class everyday from 8-11:45am and Emily and I will head over to preschool from 8:30-11:30am MWF(i am repeating myself because i have this fear that tomorrow i will wake up late and sarah will miss the first day of school-so bear with me on the repetitions) We will still swim everyday until it gets super cold and try to hit up the beach as much as possible. Which reminds me of last night at Crystal Cove in Newport. We decided to eat at the Crystal Cove Shake Shack for dinner and watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean, and it was magnificent and romantic. Yes i did run into Marissa on the beach doing Crack, and then I saw Lonnie die eating massive foam from 18-footer tsunami waves. Well I took Sarah and her cousin, Tabitha, down to the water and the sun was almost set and we just wanted to get our feet wet. Well they got wet and took sarah's flip flop too. She was crying and I was the heroic mom running into the water and waves to save the shoe. I get out pretty far when i notice the wave challenging me so i booked it back to safety all the way getting wet in my capri jeans while the whole beach was laughing and i was roaring with laughter myself. I didn't catch the shoe so I tried a few more times searching in approaching darkness of the night and waves and found it floating up with each wave. So I did rescue the shoe. I had too. We had to walk back up all those stairs and then up PCH with no lights so I wasn't about to just let the ocean swallow up another poor, lost shoe. Oh it was funny alright. Jeremy just missed it by a minute but God and the witnesses on the beach watched this brave mom, with hot mother bear fire in her lungs, beat the ocean last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot about hot mother bear fire, but I don't think I will ever be able to entirely erase it from my bio-computer. Regardless, I am glad that you used your mother bear powers for good and not evil.

Shaun

Sarady said...

fifty-footers, dude!

Life with the Warrens said...

oh sarah-only you would get this one about lonnie who wanted to die eating massive foam. kudos sarah. kudos.