Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Day of Fall? Where?

So I hear talk about Fall and the oncoming winter. I think it is crazy talk. How can there be snow falling and lots of rain already? I am still sweating in 90 degree heat and avoiding the outside during the day. I am still sweating on the walk to and from school. I am still sweating at night when it says it is 80 degrees in my house and all the windows and doors are open at 10pm trying to cool us all off. This is crazy. I want my Fall and Winter. I want rain and lots of it. I want snow and so much snow that I we can't leave the house for a day or two. I am tired of constantly sweating without it making a difference on the scale. That would be different. Then I wouldn't mind all the sweating but nothing doin'. I want to see the trees change and leaves fall. I want to see that first night of snow and wake up to perfect powder in the morning, totally undisturbed, whispering to you to come and touch it and play. Where are you fall and winter? (insert sobbing here)

6 comments:

Sarady said...

That's Southern California for ya!

[Morgan] said...

love the new header,
a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck...

no fall. sad for you.

Amanda said...

I hear ya! I kinda wish we could have Fall here. It'd be nice to have some cooler weather now. I'm not too miffed about missing Winter though. I've never liked the snow.

Unknown said...

Fall came a little too early for us. Before we left Michigan bound for Ohio temperatures were dipping down to the 40s at night and the trees were already changing colors and losing their leaves. My thoughts were...where did summer go?

millerjk said...

You are just living in the wrong state...head up to Alaska and we will offer you rain, snow on the mountains, leaves on the ground...FALL!

Maleina said...

Our fall is staying kinda warm, but the nice warm low 80 ish. Even if it were 100 degrees I don't think i would ever wish for snow though! Hope it cools down soon, we are supposed to drop by the weekend.