Friday, September 12, 2008

DMV....Take 4

So I finally became a California citizen this past week. It only took 4 trips, countless hours, running over curbs in the parking lot, and bloody fingers from prying off the plates with a dime, to get my license and register to vote. I know why they take so long too. Not only are they short staffed since the Gov. won't hurry up with budget, but they also want to know your life story too. My lady wanted to know how many kids I had, where I met my husband, what i have been doing these last 10 years of my life, why i moved to CA, etc. It was crazy. My simple 10 minute appointment turned into almost 3 hours of the DMV not including the many other hours sitting and waiting and then having them close the testing center an hour early just as I was getting in that line. WOW! I would be angry and cranky too working there. I did get to speak Russian with a sweet lady who acted like a sour puss until I got up there to get my picture taken. I can spot a Russian person a mile away so I just dove right in with my awesome russian skills. actually they aren't so awesome but she smiled and was happy just to hear her own language at work. I got her to laugh and be a little bit silly and it made me happy and I know she was happy too. So in the end all my long hours fighting to find a seat and wait with children to be called it turned out to be a huge relief to be all done and settled as a CA resident. The next day the battery died stranding Jeremy at work and Kragens Auto Shop. Thanks a lot California.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Life can be rough, huh? At least you found the silver lining in all that. It's fun to use your mission language.