Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sarah's First Day of School!





She was ready for it too. Sarah jumped out of bed at 6:30am, got dressed in her cute jeans and white shirt, ate her oatmeal, do her ponytails and got Emily excited about walking to school. We went out to get in the stroller but alas the wheels were flat and the pump was broken so we all walked the mile together and Emily half walked the mile back. While at school there was an orientation for all kindergartners in their respective classes with the teachers. There were only 11 students and most of them spoke ESL. It was kind of funny but they were all so cute and eager to learn. The kids got to take a tour while I was informed about school lunches and the curriculum etc. and I did ask if they dressed up for Halloween. The answer was NO and I was shocked that such an American holiday was rejected by the district. Well we won't be going to this school next year! Actually I was really impressed with Mrs. Coleman and her classroom and I had no fears and knew Sarah would be safe and learn alot this coming year. I didn't cry and neither did Sarah since I was too busy telling Emily to stop whining about going home. When I picked her up it was like going to school was normal and nothing was different. We had fun walking home, knowing that the following day the stroller would be fixed and no one was gonna be held in the scorching heat and humidity again! Enjoy the pics of Sarah and Emily as they embark on a new journey with school this year.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm impressed. I'm sure I'll ball when Clark starts kindergarten. Sounds like the year is off to a great start though!

[Morgan] said...

wow. no tears? sweet!
she looks so cute! hard to believe she's in school!

Amy Awesome and Klaron Kool said...

Both kids in school, what are you going to do with yourself? I'm so glad we found you, we've been wondering what happen to you kids. hows california treating you? we would be going out there for christmas but not this year, this little boy is coming so we've had a major change of plans. but if you ever have a yankering to roadtrip to ohio, we'll leave a couch open for ys!!!

Sarady said...

What do you mean you won't be in that school district next year? Is this your way of telling me you are moving to Washington?!

The girls are gorgeous. I am so happy that Sarah loved her first day of school. What a "mom"umental moment, and you didn't even cry. I'm impressed. I did laugh at little Sarah in the stroller. Oh man. She is going to be so embarrassed once she gets some cool friends. That's almost as bad as Baby Neal in the stroller to go pick up Neal.

Life with the Warrens said...

she doesn't actually, really ride in the stroller. only when she is tired. she actually runs and walks to school. buy yeah the kool kids won't let her live it down if she does it in first and second grade. i personally don't think she fit in it by that time. she is s giant!

Sarady said...

She probably stopped fitting in a stroller by the time she was two. Her growth rate is exponential.

Janelle. said...

Such big kiddos!!! I can't believe it! Sarah just looks so grown up!

Cort said...

I have to know....is she the absolute tallest kid in her class?

Life with the Warrens said...

She is taller by a whole head!

KristiKay said...

OK, too cute! Look how big they are! I love the picture of you...and I read your profile..."Dada, dada, we found a baby, baby!" My brothers used to say that all the time for no reason at all...random. That was a favorite at our house too. By the way...love your choice for hot guy of the month.

Julie said...

She looks so cute and grown up! Two blinks and you will have a teenager. Ack!!!

Team Fifield said...

Yay Sara! So excited for you and your mommy!

Maleina said...

What in school already? and where is your baby and who is that adorable little girl you have with you!! Man time sure does fly! they are both so adorable.