Friday, January 18, 2008

Bathroom Makeover







I wish that i could have all the money that i wanted and my own bathroom that didn't belong to a stinky landlord. i would have, long ago, redone the bathroom. it is hideous to look at and i have no idea why they used the egg shell color for the paint. plus you've got the ugly dark brown fake wood doors with paint splatters on them from lazy painters. so i decided to do something, anything to try to make it more "me" and cute and pleasant to look at and be in. This is practice for when we get a real house and i can go crazy with all my creative ideas. so within budget and from searching through magazines for ideas with my own twist i came up with a few simple ways to liven up an ugly, plain bathroom to a cute chabby chic powder room. First i found some white 4x4 frames from the dollar section of Target. I placed cute scrapbook paper in the frame instead of photos. This was what I was using as the base of my color scheme. I have two that are matching and the center one is the focal point of the pictures so it is different. I love french themes so i decided to try and go with the pink and black with a small hint of pastel lime green. Next I hunted down a treasure from the DI. It was a white shelf with a pink painted bow. As soon as i got home i began to sand down the shelf to create the "shabby" look. turned out very cute. I placed some jars that i had found at a close out store called provo craft with some victorian easter themed pics on them to add to the shelf. Them for the center of the shelf i filled a large jar with wedding pink petals to add the soft pink look. I also glued the pic of a cute couple, victorian style on the jar to add a romantic touch. And last night i decided to create my own canvas art by glueing ripped pieces of scrapbook paper to the canvas and embellishing it with a large cute girl, victorian of course, with lace and buttons. Not bad. I plan to finish the look today by purchasing the "Oh La La" bathroom set with curtains, hook and accessories. Hope you like the look too. I sure do. sorry the light is not so good. i am lazy with the photoshop and just don't have the time since i spent it all explaining every detail of this little project. i know i know- unneccesary instructions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool bathroom makeover! I hope to see it in person sometime, after you get your new shower curtain. I hope to finish my own bathroom makeover sometime soon, but we'll see. Nice homemade artwork too! I didn't realize you made it until I read it at the bottom!

[Morgan] said...

I admire your motivation. Would like to come decorate for me?
While you're 'blogging' you should check out my brothers blog bandleyinc.blogspot.com BECAUSE, they have an adorable strawberry shortcake song on there, all the way at the bottom of their page, and I totally thought of you.