Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Turned 30 and in shock!

I seriously don't know i how i got to this age. i can remember yesterday i was in high school just trying to get decent grades and find ways to hang out past curfew. then it was cool in my 20's cuz i had plans and went to the other side of the world and loved it. And then i thought what could be better than getting married and having babies? It seems like a blur sometimes how fast time travels. I actually looked in the mirror on my birthday scrutinizing every little line to see if i was just making a wrinkle or if it was already there laughing at me. Inside i still feel no older than 18. Can this really be happening? I always thought i would be able to accept the aging process and be free to grow old and be happy about it. I guess if i am honest with myself i am not so happy about it. must be all this twilight stuff. wow i need to cut back! anyhoo i know you are dying to see what i did for my birthday.

The Pasadena Stake Fair

Sarah had a pony ride while Emily freaked out about the giant beasty.

Emily much preferred the bounce houses. just lounging.



sweet sweet can.....dy (say like homer simpson)
after all the fun that day we went back to grandma Carol's house for the cake and presents. now don't be shocked at how silly and serious birthdays are for me. jeremy knew i was expecting it.

seriously i thought i was getting the real superman for my birthday. actually it was more like a wish for the imaginary me.

My personal favorite- Strawberry Shortcake! Yummy yummy!
this was just a couple of the presents. i did get others earlier or later and i have to say thanks to all those who remembered me. you know who you are and i love you all!
So after all this fun stuff, Jeremy took me out to one of my favorite stores LUSH and i picked my favorite soap. i love it. You have to try the Sultana of soap it is delicious to me. And then we walked to a restaurant that i was not expecting. It was an Indian place but i can't remember the name. I was in surprised since Jeremy doesn't love Indian food like I do. It was heavenly. My mouth was on fire after the first 2 bites and i loved every bite! What a great day.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy (belated) birthday!!! I'm approaching the 3-0 in 3 days, and am very afraid! :)

Amanda said...

I'm sorry, but your cake looked DISGUSTING! Fun, though. Looks like it was a good day to turn 30. I'll always remember you at 29... :)

Cort said...

Happy Birthday Tanski. It was on the 31st right? Oh, don't freak out about 30 especially if you feel 18. I'm 30 but I'm pretty sure I have the boobs of a 60 year old, but I don't feel 60 or even 30 for that matter. Looks like you had a blast and your kiddos did too!

shaun said...

Funny you still feel 18 cause you still act 18. Happy birthday again.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry... you're still not grown up! Happy b-day! I'm glad you had a great day! I don't know what Amanda's thinking. I thought the cake looked delicious!

Life with the Warrens said...

thanks shaun! now you and i are twinners. let's go be cops while janelle watches us do stunts on the blacktop.

Anonymous said...

ummm... that anonymous comment was me... I don't know how my identity got stolen, but I've got it back now!

Staigerfamily said...

Happy Happy birthday! Wish I could have celebrated it with you. Yep. This aging thing is kinda weird. How in the world did we get so dang OLD and "grown up" (supposedly). I have to agree with Cort. . .I too have the boobs of a 60 year old. . .luckily right now they are full of baby food--so don't look so bad. . .but when I'm not nursing. . . I look like one of those national geographic amazon ladies...ahhhh...more detail than you wanted to know! Wrinkles, sagging boobs, gray hair. . . lovely. At least we are still young at heart, right?!?

Sarady said...

I love your hat. And I love how you have always decorated and made birthdays special. My family isn't especially great at that, so I'm glad that you guys are. You deserve. I've been looking at 30 like a new right of passage that 20-year-olds don't get to experience yet. We are mature women now--and proud of it! The wrinkles and lines and bulges I could live with out, but I'm just going to accept that that is part of the 30's flair.

[Morgan] said...

Happy Birthday!!! I remember when 30 was old, now I know it's definitely NOT! Glad you had a great day! Your cake looked yummy and I don't even like strawberries!
Cort shouldn't feel bad, I'm 25 and have the boobs of a 60 year old... yikes!
Happy Day!

shaun said...

Let's do it. But I get to drive the car when we're finished doing stunts!

Maleina said...

Happy Happy belated birthday! I thought I would accept aging with grace as well but now that I am knocking on 30's door I am freaking out! But hey if you can turn 30 and still be fabulous I can to right!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, Tanya! I'm sorry I missed it. Your cake looked totally yummy, and I am glad you had such a good time. 30 looks gorgeous on you!

candicetheresa said...

You're amazing. And a GREAT 30-year-old that I love!

Averill6 said...

Hey--happy b-day! I totally didn't remember at all, but wanted to jump on the bandwagon here and add my congrats to you for turning OLD! (I'm still young for another year!) As for Cortney's comment about having boobs of a 60 yr old, I went the other way, and have the boobs of a 12 yr-old. Not fun. Anyway, we should meet up sometime. I don't go to UT that much, but we should get together when I do get to come down. I'll keep ya posted.