Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer fun!


This is the "tooth yankin'" carmel corn we made and ate when bored one day

The days truly seem to be the lazy(looooooong) and sometimes boring days of summer. We have been trying to keep busy doing the usual summer time things. Swimming everyday gets kinda blah but the kids love to go and get some laps in, then there is the sprinkler which is a riot with our little cousin Emerald, plus who says you can only color eggs on easter? Riding a bike is another way to pass the time and just plain ol' dress up keeps us in stitches for awhile. We are mostly trying to stay busy until dad rolls his old bones home to entertain us. We are pretty much starved for attention by the time 5 pm comes calling!

4 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

What a fun mom! I am impressed with your creativity! We rarely do any of those things around here. Carmel corn (I've never made that in my LIFE!) Colored eggs--now that is brave-- and that picture is a riot. . . you are my hero. Man, I miss you! I can't believe it has been 7 months since we moved. Crazy.

Cort said...

Seriously, the best mom ever! I have an extra colored eggs kit in the basement that I just may have to drag out because of your momspiration!. Glad your keeping busy. Nice that your weather lets you swim and such, it just barely got warm here....as in yesterday it finally got warm like summer.

Amanda said...

That's a great picture. Looks like you guys enjoyed your popcorn... You sure do a lot more than I do. Since you moved, Clark asks for movies a lot. He's also taken up playing the Wii at his aunt's house. :)

[Morgan] said...

beautiful.