Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Fantastic Moment

I love waking up to the sound of two little girls not crying and so willing to help mommy by letting her stay in bed and give directions. As soon as Sarah wakes up she comes to inform me that she is ready for the day. So I let her turn the computer on so she can play her games. She gets on the internet all by her wee self(i, of course, am watching so she doesn't see anything crazy!) and she plays polly world or pbs kids or barbie.com. It is usually about 30-40 minutes later that Emily rises from her blissful slumber and comes into my room chatting away about some silly nonsense. At this point she needs a new diaper and Sarah runs to get a new, clean diaper and wipes. This morning i was feeling particularly lazy and asked Sarah if she would do it for me. Immediately her reply was YES! She laid Emily down and stripped off the pants and panties until she found the super wet diaper. She checked for poops first and found that it was "only pee pees momma." She wiped and folded the diaper and put the new one on her with little trouble. It was great. Now she is in the kitchen preparing breakfast for herself and Emily. Who could ask for anything more?(no pictures were taken to spare them of future ridicule)

8 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

Now THAT my friends, IS a fantastic moment!!!!

Julie said...

She is so grown up!

Staigerfamily said...

Wow. That is amazing. Morning at our house is NOTHING like this!! Incredible!

Maleina said...

Okay I totally want a kid that changes diapers!

Sarady said...

Hey, at least you know she'll be helpful when she has to change your diapers.

Amanda said...

If only Clark could do the honors at our house! Maybe with the next kid? ... I'm glad you got to 'sleep in'!

[Morgan] said...

AAAWWESOME...

Sarady said...

Oooh, I love the new layout. And I love your pic of Hugh. So hot!