Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chocolate-The Miracle Worker


Have you ever had the feeling of your body succumbing to a cold or illness but your brain simply refuses to give in? This is what i am going through and have been going through for the last couple of days. I could feel the cold coming on with a tickle in my throat and a tiny cough. But I just refuse to be sick this year(this winter). I have done everything in my power to prevent myself from havin a full blown cold. I have seen so many miserable people that just didn't have the will power to keep from getting sick. I do believe a big part of staying healthy is Willpower. I keep telling myself "No, you will not get sick. Look how you take care of yourself. There is no way you can get sick." This has helped me to carry on, through all the coughs, runny noses, fevers, and late nights. I gave myself a "punch in the face" of vitamins yesterday since i really felt the cold coming on. Another big help was getting to take a long enough nap to feel refreshed. Something that also works is chocolate. I ate as much as i could find, and boy did i feel better. I do believe that Professor Lupin was right when he gave Harry Potter some chocolate after he was attacked by the dementors. He is quoted as saying "Here, eat this. It's chocolate. You'll feel better." Based on my experience yesterday, i can only conclude that he is absolutely correct.

6 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

Wow, I'm afraid I'm going to have to follow your advice and eat as much chocolate as possible. :-)

[Morgan] said...

Me too. More chocolate...
I'm sad to admit that I'm one of those miserable people, well not me, my kids... I agree, the whole time Jonas had RSV I refused to let myself get sick because I knew I couldn't afford to...
Power of the mind baby!

Julie said...

Mmmmm... so glad that you have validated my chocolate addiction!

Sarady said...

Not so sure if I agree about the "willpower" not to get sick, but I do agree with the chocolate part. I hope you're feeling tip top.

Sarady said...

I just re-read the title of this post and it made me think of "The Wicker Worker."

Cort said...

I'm not sure about the chocolate either but I am so willing to give it a try. I think there may be something to the will power (not in all cases) because I think some people "give in" because it is the only time they do take care of themselves. They allow themselves to get so busy and caught up in things that their body screams for a break to get sick. Just another opinion. Way to take care of yourself. I hope when you take your huge dose of vitamins that you say vitamin like a british person: vitimin. That's makes them work even better.