Thursday, March 6, 2008

One of Those Days

Yesterday i felt like doing nothing. So for hours and hours we just played, rolled, laughed, hid etc not doing anything. It got to the point that i had regretted not showering and started to become "blue". I found a very quick solution to make up for my greasy, no bra, pajama look. I bet you want to know the answer? The answer is CUPCAKES. Or, as our family calles them PUPCAKES. named after Huckleberry and Strawberry Shortcakes favorite puppy. Those really did cheer us all up. I was able to start cleaning and go out of the house(still without a shower, but with a bra) to the DI. I was looking for a bike seat but all they have is junk! So while looking, a hispanic couple was staring at us with a large tv in there cart. I recognized them instantly as members from my ward. I didn't know their name but that didn't stop them. The husband walked over to me and said(this was sooo cute)"Sister, do you think you could find someone to give us a ride home." Here i am just as gross as can be in my hammer-time pajama pants with grease running down my head and two kids that look like ragamuffins and someone from the ward sees us!! I immediately knew that we would help them and the tv fit just perfect in the trunk. What would they have done if i wasn't there. I knew that i was suppose to go even for a few short minutes. they live right across the way from me so it was no trouble going home. As soon as they got out on their way i said to sarah"Do you know what just happened?" "No, mom what happened?"she asked. "We did a good thing today helping our neighbors. It was a good day." She just said ok and went on her way playing with Emily. Despite all the hours wasted, well not wasted but spent idly, we made up for it in an instant. Service is the best pick me up!

5 comments:

Sarady said...

Service is the key. That's a great little story, for sure. I'm so glad you did go to the D.I.

However, if your idea of doing nothing is rolling around on the floor playing with your kids, then I have another thing coming. My idea of doing nothing is letting Mya watch TV all day. At least you are interacting with your kids. Pat yourself on the back, doll.

Life with the Warrens said...

i didn't tell you the part about me taking a nap while the kids entertained themselves!

Cort said...

I loved this story! I can relate to you in so many ways...unlike anyone in Little Women....yet. I'm still giving it a whirl.

Philip and Melissa said...

Service is SO the answer! I love your descriptive writing, you're so entertained.

Philip and Melissa said...

Oops, I meant to say you're so entertaining. Sorry.