Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snoozin' on the Job


Ok so I got busted for not posting in a couple of weeks. But it seems like this time of year everything speeds up and I can get behind and lost if I don't keep up. I have a zillion things going on including the ten hundred halloween parties, get togethers, trick or treating, trunk or treating, carnivals, etc. You name it and we went. I am sick of halloween and it isn't until tomorrow. I can't wait to take down all the decorations too! That is so unlike me but seriously, this has been a long month. I think it is the heat that is getting me down. I has been in the high 90's for the last month and tomorrow it should be around 80. Come on! I want cold now, i want snow, or the threat of snow that might make us bundle up to trick or treat.

I also have a holiday open house for my MK business the saturday after halloween. I have to get all my gift baskets wrapped and looking super cute so i can sell it all and make some moola for christmas. Plus I just got my curtains up in the master bedroom and i am having some trouble finding the best duvet cover for our bed. Then I am hosting a birthday party the week after that. Jeremy has just finished his first huge project to use as a demo for his new business. We are still looking for a name but I like:
Havesting the Past/Memory Lane. well one of those. It is a video editing company. It keeps jeremy really busy and he loves it. He created a 40 minute video for a birthday present. He will shortly have business cards and maybe a little launch party with the green screen that I made for him. After Thanksgiving, I am selling my tutu's at a boutique along with MK baskets galore. Seriously, I feel like these last few months of 2008 are gonna be crazy. oh yeah and through in the election too. I have been making phone calls for YES ON PROP 8. Protect marriage so I have consumed with that too! I hardly find time to get to the grocery store-you should see our cupboards and fridge. We look like poor college students that only have a tub of frosting and a loaf of bread in the fridge. I just don't have the time. Even now Emily has found me and begun to plague me as I sit and type this here little post. Sorry it can't be more. I have to load up the car with all my basket making stuff for a morning of wrapping and creating. I hope you all are enjoying life a bit more than I right now and just taking it one day at a time!

7 comments:

Sarady said...

Wow, you really are a busy little beaver. Hang in there--you're cut out for this stress. You do really well in those situations and you are so cool to make phone call on Prop 8. Oh, when did you start making tutus? I want to learn how. Mya would love them. Well, I love you. thanks for posting something. Good luck with everything.

mleavitt said...

Tanya - try making one out of some sheets that you like. All you have to do is sew a couple of top sheets together and voila - a new duvet! My mom made one for me like it and i love it!! Michelle Leavitt (from UT)

[Morgan] said...

wow. i completely understand. i have missed you though.
i hope life slows down a bit for you!

Janelle. said...

Tanya, i was CRACKING up at your comment. HAHAHAHA...like that...I should have realized that I had toot in there with the chili cook-off. you would think I did it on purpose...anyway, you are so funny. Good job with the prop 8 stuff, I bet it's crazy down there...good luck with Mary Kay!!

Philip and Melissa said...

Busy girl! And not to mention funny...I love that pic of "bang head here." you're so clever :-)

Staigerfamily said...

run you crazy busy lady run run!

candicetheresa said...

Oh man!!! I am so late on putting in my vote, but guess what? My vote was for Memory LANE!!! And that is one of the ones that you narrowed down to. So how cool is that!?! I think of you every time a holiday comes around...I wonder what Tanya would do to decorate our little balcony here?