Monday, October 6, 2008

Really....How tall is Sarah?

Sarah and Emily next year

This is just a quick post since Emily is late for school. She is busy watching Underdog and can't tear herself away to make it to preschool. Some of you have known that Sarah is extremely tall for her age. She is always looking down to kids her age and talking to them like they are 2 years old and don't know anything. Well she had her Kindergarten check up this summer before school with all her shots and everything and guess how tall she was? Let's see the average height for a 5 year old is.....3 feet and 6 inches. Well my darling sarah is 4 feet tall. Yes I did say that correctly. She measures up at 48 inches in height. That is 6 inches taller than the average bear. I call her my amazon woman. She will soon turn into Xena Warrior Princess and her little sister will be Gabrielle with her blonde locks and strength. Emily is almost as tall as Sarah was at the age of 2 1/2. Emily is about 36-37 inches in height which puts her just under the average height of a 5 year old. Some how that got my good looks and jeremy's height and this formula creates disaster during the teenage years. Tall and beautiful....they better marry rich men like Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope your daughter cover themselves up a little better than that picture during their teenage years! Is Emily really that tall? I can't believe how tall your girls are getting! They'll be taller than me soon!

Sarady said...

Whoa! They are tall. Aren't you like 50 inches?

Life with the Warrens said...

I am 64 inches thank you very much!

KristiKay said...

Love it, love it, love it! And I agree with Amanda..I hope your girls cover up a bit more than that :). But I'm sure they'll be just as beautiful. My kids are tall, too, so I understand the giant thing. I think we could all agree that we'd be thrilled if our daughters married men like Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley. Anyway, I'm reading Kidnapped. I just started and already I'm engrossed. It's so mysterious and intriguing (SP?). Thanks for the recommendation! You rock!

[Morgan] said...

my kids are midgets. the thought frequently came to mind, when ellie and sarah played together, is Sarah really tall or is ellie really short?
perhaps it's both!
that picture makes me laugh. i can totally see them. okay except the skanky part.

[Morgan] said...

uh, i totally said skanky on that last comment. i didn't proof read before i submitted... tells you what words i typically filter out when actually thinking before speaking right? oops...
i was only referring to the small clothing those tall girls are wearing...

Anonymous said...

I always thought Sarah looked a little out of place in her Sunbeam class. I figured she must be off the charts. That's crazy that Sarah is tall too! They'll have you outgrown in no time!

Life with the Warrens said...

their clothes don't bother me. it is the acting that is really so-so! but i still love the show only cuz she is a warrior first princess second. I told Sarah today that she was a warrior first and a princess second and then i started calling her Xena and she said "mom, my name is Sarah."

Janelle. said...

Tall and beautiful...such a disaster. Good luck during those teenage years...AND every time I read something you write the only comment I can think of is "you crack me up." so if I write that every time, it's because it's true.

Staigerfamily said...

This is so funny. . . but I wonder if this is going to put a damper on her relationship with Jaron. 'Cause frankly, my kiddos are not destined to be very tall. They can be like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, I guess.