Saturday, August 16, 2008

To Yak Town and Back

So I have been not so good blogging lately. Well as most of you know i was partying in SeaTac and Yakima for a good week. Flames were rekindled betwixt Sarah and myself while we laughed our way into an oblivion. It started out with my first time in an airport cafe where i ordered a business lunch all by myself, followed by missing my first flight to Oakland, followed by taking the next flight out which put me in Vegas walking around tyring to find the B shuttles so I wouldn't miss my flight to Seattle. Once on the plane i was sandwiched between a 12 year old reading Breaking Dawn (who, by our conversation) had not actually read all the words and missed very keys parts of the book. This i scolded her for and on the other side of me was an older lady who was sick but managed to wolf down a giant burrito that smelled the like poop. she kept licking all her fingers with rice on them and talking to me with her mouth full. I did keep the girl in a fit of giggles the whole time and actually scared her by banging on the window of the aircraft. then the landing gear sounded off and the girl screamed on the plane. i was hysterical. she was cracking me up. the lady said i did a good job keeping her busy while on the plane. My luggage was already waiting for me since i missed that flight earlier so i didn't have to wait for it. I only had to wait for sarah and brad to show up and take me back to yakima. well during my wait a lady stopped me for a donation to help homeless kids and i couldn't resist. so they finally found me and we laughed our way home. i think that laughter should fill gas tanks. anyhoo we didn't get there until 1 am and finally feel asleep. i was awoken by her cutie pie girl MYA who i fell in love with instantly. We had a blast all weekend watching HOT ROD and laughing about the world's worst bus driver. you have got to check it out on youtube. it is the funniest thing i have ever seen in my entire life. we went to the lake and knee boarded since that was all we were brave enough to do and i was pooped after that. We enjoyed a BBQ at the MacDonald's currently under construction house and got annoyed at the the neighbor's dogs that look like rats and smelled like horrible piles of poop. Andrew was there to keep the giggles going and little Hannah won my heart with her cute little smile. I made a T-Shirt that said "Howling for Hotties" as a wolfy nod to Jacob Black and the Twilight crew for our final night together in seattle for her Breaking Dawn Party. Justen Furstenfeld was there and he did a very good job with his acoustic renditions of his songs. otherwise i would probably have left the theater if he did it any other way. Stephenie was a sweetheart and very down to earth. I took an easy liking to her and enjoyed talking with her or at her when she signed my book. Just so you know, I asked her if she did her Visiting Teaching this month and she said her sister had moved so she didn't have anybody currently. I told her to come on over and we would talk. She was very sweet and genuine. After that we headed back to our hotel that was conveniently next to the airport so we could catch a shuttle and see me off on Wednesday morning. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I needed to see my family again but i was loathed to leave sarah. She has been such an amazing inspiration to me. I want to be just like her when i grow up. Maybe next time she will come and see me and my crew. but i will let you watch a bit of the concert and laugh at some of our pics from our fun vaca. enjoy and just know that we are just a couple of goof offs having as much fun as we can have!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Go Tanya for asking about Visiting Teaching!!! I love you! See you in October/November!

Sarady said...

I wish you could come back. We did have a grand old time. Thanks for all the compliments. I feel the same about you. Love you. Where are the pics?

Life with the Warrens said...

the stupid blogger pic thing wasn't working so i am trying to put them on. i don't know if the system was just running slow or what.

candicetheresa said...

So what's this Hot Rod video you talk of? And yes, I do know what it's like to come back from VACA just to redo the house. Yikes.