Monday, August 4, 2008

Dodger Dog... Foot Long!

Dodger Stadium

Check out the view. I love it!

Last thrusday was Mormon Night at the Dodger Stadium to watch the Arizona Diamondbacks and Dodgers rough it out with so many mormons watching! At first we had decided that the girls would stay home with the babysitter and we would go with family or friends-whoever wanted the extra tickets. well the babysitter decided to go to girls camp without telling us so we were forced to bring the girls. lucky, nobody else could come and use the extra tickets. It was meant to be that the girls would come and enjoy this american pasttime. driving to Dodger stadium wasn't too bad except we were late and didn't get there until the bottom of the 2nd inning. We missed the first pitch thrown by L. Tom Perry! I truly wished we had seen it. But the girls had a blast. we were so high up but it was perfect. We looked down on the players from behind home plate so it was super easy to see everything. not like sitting out in the field where everything is so darn hard to see. the adults had dodger dogs-they are a foot long!(my first time ever) and the girls munched on an icecream sandwich and cracker jacks. It was fun to be with so many LDS people. There was no smoking, alcohol or swearing. just a bunch of laughter and cheering. We sang "Take me out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch and Sarah was so excited to actually sing a song that she knew and loved. In the end the Dodgers lost by one run and we all went home unhappy that our team didn't win. I am by no means a Dodger fan but i am a fan of baseball. It was a very fun night for all of us!

5 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Looks like fun! I bet your girls didn't mind too much that the babysitter canceled!

candicetheresa said...

You are so tan! And sounds like so much fun! I miss you so much. When can we be neighbors again?

Life with the Warrens said...

I never thought it possible, but yes i am starting to look like a mexi with my tan. i kind of like it too! we could probably be neighbors maybe next year. we will play it by ear. love you!

Maleina said...

30 looks good on you! Glad to see you guys are doing well. I am dying to know your take on Breaking Dawn!!

Team Fifield said...

TRAITOR! How can you do this? How can you grow up in the bay area and turn on the Giants so quickly! Jason would be ashamed! (ha,ha,ha) Looks like a ton of fun. That's awesome L. Tom Perry was there throwing out the pitch. He's my man! He stayed with my family a couple days when my dad was released back in San Jose!