Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bittersweet Symphony (That's Life)


I must say that i am torn between moving to Cali and staying here. My feelings are such that i am so use to living here with very few surprises and little change that moving seems so adventurous and maybe even scary. But after meditating the two, i feel they are the same. My utah life was a huge adventure that is now winding down with Jeremy graduated, two kids under my belt and hitting 30 this year. Now our new adventure begins with Sarah starting school and Jeremy beginning a very good career. We have many high hopes that we will be successful in our new ward, in our new home, in our new career, etc. the list could go on and on. This life in Utah has been good to us. We have survived college, hit many rough patches, relied on the Lord and clung to family and friends. I will miss being here and seeing so many familiar faces that i have grown to love very much. I hope that we will be able to remember these friendships and carry them over to the new ones that wait for us in California. I would like to say this " Make new friends, Keep the old, Those are Silver, These are Gold." So no matter how you look at it, you end up with Gold friends!
Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be

10 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

I love that poem...how true it is.

Staigerfamily said...

ouch. A big old lump in my throat. I hope that we can keep in touch and someday our paths will cross again! I miss you and Jaron misses Sarah. He has yet to meet a girl that he thinks is as good a friend. He is always saying, "but my friend in Provo liked __________" fill in the blank (spiderman, trains, playing dinosaurs etc.) whenever one of the local girls doesn't want to play something with him. He doesn't get it. She is definantly the coolest girl to hang out with that he has met!

Life with the Warrens said...

funny thing tamra-jeremy told sarah she was gonna be the smartest girl in school and she said " yeah and the funniest"

Anonymous said...

We're going to miss you! Whenever Mike dresses up like the Mad Hatter (which may be more often than you'd think... just kidding), we will think of Sarah's one night crush on my husband! I will miss having you as my VT and sharing our garden's abundance with you! We'll have have to keep in touch through the blogosphere!

Cort said...

Move out of here and settle in your new home and I'll come visit you in Cali around Thanksgiving. And honesly, I'm so excited our kids are starting school this year, I can't get Carson out the door fast enough because I'm so excited to have a little one on one with Beck (he's never had that)! Good luck in Cali and just think of all the awesome lemons and avacados to eat.

Maleina said...

you made me tear up! I will miss you tons at girls night. I will be checking up on you here. I can hardly wait for the next hunk of the month :) love ya!

[Morgan] said...

Gosh,I hate that you are leaving. Hopefully we can continue to be blogging buddies.
That poem caused me to choke up a little, perhaps because it's so late... I hate to say goodbye to such good people--- leaving our ward and neighborhood! Those awaiting you in Cali are lucky! Whenever I lack the courage to be bold or to say it like it is, I'll think of you my friend. We'll miss you!

Ashton and Lydia Buswell said...

That is cutting the timing close. But we will be back on the 8th and will be down in Provo on the 9th. What number is best to call you at on that day so we can say "hello" and "see ya later."

Sarady said...

I'm so proud of you guys, and happy for you!

Sarady said...

I just noticed your new hot man of the month. I still think that we have very much the same taste in hot men.

Correction: Edward from Twilight makes the best Vampire, but we'll let Gerard play Edward in our minds.