Monday, April 21, 2008

Tomorrow is Earth Day!!


Hey I know you are thinking,"how can i get involved with helping my planet stay green?" I have many answers but some of the easiest are: Reduce, Reuse, Recylce(freecycle). I love when Jack Johnson sings about these 3 R's. If you have access to recycling your paper products and plastic, then by all means do it! If you look closely at alot of your paper boxes, ie: mac & cheese, hamburger helper, graham crackers (the list goes on) you will notice they are made of recycled paper. Pretty great to see it come full circle! If you haven't joined a freecycle group, then you are missing out! One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Also, don't be afraid to pull some weeds, start a compost pile and plant a garden. These things help keep us self-sufficient and busy! To say the least(too late) there are so many things we could do to show our Father in Heaven that we love the world he gave to us. Each of us can do a small part, and together we can make a big difference! Happy Earth Day!! PS it is my neice's birthday too-so a shout out for Emerald-Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

8 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

jeremy says, "too often my treasure ends up being my wife's trash, and end's up as another man's treasure, and the process repeats if he is married."

Julie said...

I would feel better about going green if I got to see you in your leprechaun outfit again! ;) We will make sure to celebrate the beautiful earth we have been given and think of ways we can better care for it. Thanks for the post.

Amanda said...

To Jeremy: David sure enjoys your treasures/Tanya's trash in the form of puzzles...

You are such an informed woman. I had no idea that today was Earth Day. (I guess I'm such an uninformed woman...). Yesterday, I started planning my canning supplies to be purchased this summer so I can start home canning. Does that count as green? Great post!

Life with the Warrens said...

that definately counts as green. if we are being self-sufficient we should get an extra pat on the back!

stephasauri said...

Happy Earth Day to you too! Well put! I thought I was doing pretty good as far as the green thing goes... until it came to diapers! Yikes! That's just one area that would be hard to change (no pun intended). Props to anyone out there without a washer using cloth diapers. (I know this includes the majority of the world, but in our pampered society it would be a pretty tough sacrifice.)

Sarady said...

I love the Earth and I fully agree with taking care of what the Lord gave us. I redue, reuse and recycle (for free), but I refuse to pay a "Carbon Tax". That is just ridiculous.

Cort said...

Love the earth day post, I should have known you would have one too. WE LOVE EARTH! And of course I'm a Jack J fan. I wish Layton would recycle but not yet but we still do, we drive our trash to the dump where they'll recycle, you just have to take it there yourself. Vances Go Green!

gruvyteacher said...

I love, that you love, the Earth and are a recycler. I am known as the Green Queen around school. I am so proud that it has rubbed off and some of my co-workers are beginning to recycle at home. I'm a firm believer in taking care of what God has given us. Go Greenies!!