Thursday, December 20, 2007

christmas is coming...aaaaargh why won't the camera work?

So I tried to retrieve my pictures from Digi camera and it opened half way and then just turned off. What the heck? I started to get really upset since Christmas is just days away and this is our only real camera. So I recharged the batteries and then recharged them again. so they are fully charged. i put them back in the camera and .....nothing again. i go through this about 10 more times. so jeremy tells me to take it down to the camera shop and see what they can do. I show up and the guys looks at it and says" I can see what the problem is. It looks like the lense is crooked and like it was hit." I reply" Not impossible since i have 2 curious Georges in my house." He then tells me that it would be about 4 weeks out since it takes a long time to take the lense apart and clean it all and then reset the lense. my heart starts to sink. he can tell that i wanted it for christmas. So just for fun he tells me that it cost about $80 big ones and he would be more than happy to work on it when he had a chance. As i try to thank him for his time he tells me that he wants to just check the batteries. Can you see where this is going folks? So he takes out the rechargeables and puts in new ones and viola! they work. instead of $80 he only charged me $50. hahahahha he did say that but he was just kidding and i was laughing cuz there was no way on this earth in this solar system in our universe and in this dimension that i was going to pay him for changing the batteries after he told me it was a lense problem. wow does this guy know his stuff or what? to make a long story short-*too late*- it works and we are ready to take on Christmas Vaca in L.A. Happy Christmas to you all!!

3 comments:

Sarady said...

What a rat. And this guy lives in the 'vo? Double rat. Glad your camera is working so you can finally post some pictures on your website. Don't forget to take some awesome pictures of your bro-in-law--Ben Affleck (aka Jason). Love you guys. Have a good Christmas in the concrete jungle.

Life with the Warrens said...

thanks sarady. i believe that shall try to have a good time. we shall see how we all fit in one house without tearing each other's heads off! hope you will behave this year too!

Cort said...

Hope you have a great time, I want to hear all about your crunched Cali trip. I hate holiday stress and a broken camera would probably do me in.