Wednesday, December 12, 2007

7 things you might not know about me



1.I love sci-fi and fantasy novels. Well mostly fantasy. At one point I started acting like characters from Robert Jordan's novels and then jeremy would have to bring me back to reality. you will have to ask me what characters if you want to know. i don't think too many people know his books. amanda will though.



2.I have this crazy fascination with Kung Fu comedies. I swear i have watched Shoalin Soccer a million times. Plus I had a crush on Jet Li for a long time. and i think that Jackie Chan is freakin' funny. but on the other hand i really like House of Flying Daggers cuz the chick was awesome and the love story was great. check it out!








3.I am way totally into Ephemara. What? you ask. Well it is photos or drawings of vintage life. I find it very romantic and nostalgic. It makes me feel like a tiny bit of the past is present in my life. that sounds funny! I wish i could have fought for women's right to vote and be recognized as human beings and at the same time be romantic and feminine.












4.I have successfully passed on the tradition of loving strawberry shortcake to both of my girls. I have to watch SSC about a million times a day. Can you think of anything better for two budding girls to watch. Strawberry is so loving and thoughtful. She takes care of her little custard and helps her friends. I think she is a pretty good example. Glad i love her and that my girls do too. i don't have a pic of emily dressed up yet and this one is from 2 years ago. i was sour grapes and jeremy was the peculiar purple pie man and sarah was of course, Strawberry! But we always considered Emily as our Apple Dumplin. You know, Strawberry's baby sister.






5.I collect snails. not live ones you sillies! it started out as a joke but then my BFF and i just started giving them to each other. all was great until our families found out and now they seem to buy us the ugliest ones all the time for every gift giving occasion. way to spoil a fun collection.








6.My favorite thing to do is Family History. I love to unlock the closed doors of my ancestors. I know that they are grateful that i am trying my hardest to get the work done for them. I teach the FH class and just can't imagine a better calling. I feel like it is my own personal little pet. i get to nurture it and watch it grow into something amazing and it becomes a huge blessing to myself and my family. Do your Family History and feel that spirit of Elijah too!






7.One of my goals in life is to participate in a Revolutionary War or Civil War reenactment. I hope to be able to sew the costumes true to their original stitching. I can just see it now.....out on the battlefield nursing the men back to health. having them fall in love with me too. that would be a bonus!

Now i am done! Tag Lydia, amanda, brittany!

6 comments:

Sarady said...

These are awesome! I was cracking up on the snail one of course and the reeanctment of the civil or revolutionary wars. Bosworths would be proud. I am proud that you are such a Family History guru. You have so many heavenly hugs coming your way when you cross those pearly gates. I did find it interesting that you pretended to be characters from the fantasy novels. I only remember the themed years of when you pretended to be J.Lo with your velor suits, Jackie O's, and gardening hats. So it's not inconceivable that you would pretend to be other characters. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Brandon Sanderson, a BYU graduate was chosen yesterday or the day before to finish the Wheel of Time series? David told me yesterday, so that means I will finish the series. I decided years ago I won't read another one until he's done.

Anonymous said...

Oh! You are so fabulous! I could read more! However, in all my amusement, I laughed the hardest at the comment by Sarady... JLo? Are you serious? ha ha ha.

Cort said...

You are such a character and so very interesting. Did you know I when I was dating Carloooooos that I thought for sure if I wasn't careful, he was going to go after you because you were so interesting and hilarious and jolly. I just love everything about you!

the keele's said...

whoa. i had no idea. you just left my house a minute ago. i didnt even know you had a blog. i will do before and after pics of sara!

Life with the Warrens said...

wow cort that made me laugh so hard that sarah had to know exactly i was laughing!