Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From Rags to Riches


I decided to use my free time (when Emily is at preschool) to make something cute from my scraps. I have alot of scraps and not very many ideas so I borrowed one from skip to my lou. It turned out to be super easy and way fun to make. The best part is that someone already showed me how to do it so it took the thinking process and threw it in the trash and left me to freely just follow directions. I couldn't wait to give it to Emily. I know Sarah will be coming home from school and see it and will implore me to make her one too. I can't wait! Personally I think these would make great presents for birthdays, Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine's Day etc. Or one for every holiday. These are made for smaller children but I don't think it would be hard to make them bigger. Happy Sewing! I would love to see how yours turn out!

6 comments:

{Marie Long} said...

Ooo! I just got on a sewing kick! I love this I am going to make some for my girls and I will for sure let you know how mine turn out! :)

Amanda said...

I'm going on super slow mode, too, so don't stress about getting me a check. I still haven't even started cutting anything out! I should probably start today...

Cort said...

That is beautiful! I can't wait to make one for my little bambina...in just a few years.

[Morgan] said...

i love i love!
nice work.

Sarady said...

Love it.

gruvyteacher said...

Hey....I didn't know you were back to blogging. Yeah! I am so excited. Okay, I want to get you/the babes a gift. Tell me what you want or what you need! I mean it.
So glad to see you doing so well.

love you