Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pillow Talk

So yesterday i just couldn't sit around doing nothing again. I am so sick of this heat and the lack of enegry that i forced myself to do a project. I found a super cute ruffle pillow tute that i loved and i knew i had the material to do it. do busted out the dusty sewing machine and got to work cutting a sewing and ironing. each pillow was about 30 minutes tops to make. so making 4 helped to keep me busy but not so busy that i could just go and make dinner and then play with the kids and then come back when i was ready to finish up.

I bought this super cute material at the fairgrounds when they have huge super mega craft/sewing bonanza. i knew it would come in handy.
I kept the front the same and the backs all different to add some fun elements. really i just didn't have enough fabric to do the whole pillow. 1/2 yard only does so much.

you can follow this tutorial Ruffle Pillow. click on tutorials and on the left side bar it is at the top.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Tanya! I tried sending you an email about the vinyl sign, but I don't know if it went through. If it did, great! Email me back, if it didn't send me an email with your current address. Thanks! Amanda

Cort said...

So cool!

candicetheresa said...

You make such adorable things! And the poll is closed, so I am going to vote here. I really think you'll have one boy and one girl, but then I remember you think they're identical and i'm going to have to guess GIRLS!

Janelle. said...

WHAT?! Girl ,when did you start blogging again? I check periodically to see if you just might have posted anything and here I am way behind! CONGRATS on TWINS!! That is SO awesome! I keep thinking they are already boys...so my bet is on boys. I'm really excited for you guys!

AND cute pillows, very cute fabric...way to go Tanya. Well, we will keep you and the babies (and the rest of the fam too) in our prayers!