Tuesday, August 24, 2010

how many more people will touch my belly?

Well i am now 18 weeks. I feel my little wee 'uns playing around ever so gently and it is quite darling in fact. The not so darling part is how huge i am already and how much more huge i will become. i have had a few take it upon themselves to make sure there are babies in there. yes, i mean they have rubbed, patted, talked to them, and squealed for joy as if i was carrying THEIR babies for them. How delightful. I have had some stares and leering smiles from older men, which make me run for the hills carrying my ever growing belly. I am wondering how much more brazen people will become. What will i say? For those lookey lous' perhaps i will say " take a picture, it lasts longer!" or "Stare much?" what about the hands on type of people? should i respondly like a mother bear breathing fire-"you wanna keep those hands?" or a polite british woman with proper upbringing-"Kindly remove your hands." what would you say? have you had the pleasure of others molesting you while pregnant? what about those who are so overly excited for you but have no interest in helping you? those are my favorites. jumping up and down for joy, but if i need something ( which i only ask if i am desperate) they are nowhere to be found. or how about when they offer to do whatever they can as if it is a manner of speaking rather than a manner of doing. you know what i mean, right? Like they were only being polite, but don't really mean they will help at all. This is why i try to hide. I try not to be too involved in anything. We stay quite and sit in the back and don't raise our hands so we won't draw attention. Except for my belly. Can't help that. i will post picture later.

4 comments:

{Marie Long} said...

I'd say, pat their tummy and ask when they're due ;)

Julie said...

I should be more sympathetic, but I secretly want to rub your belly, too. Oh, well. I shall have to content myself with patting my computer screen when you finally post a pic. ;p

Amanda said...

I agree with Marie! I've had the "pleasure" of having my belly patted too and it's... not fun! At least when people ask why you're big, you can say it's because of twins. I had no such luck when I was pregnant with Clark! Good luck with everything!

Cort said...

You need an awesome shirt to wear when you go out that explains your bubble area. I realize that people ought to just know but people are idiots!