Monday, February 16, 2009

Taxes Sweet Taxes


So I check my bank account yesterday and BOOM I saw our money deposited from our taxes. It was so sweet! so we paid off two credit cards and some of another with money left over for student loan, car etc. We, not too slowly, are getting out of debt and we have a plan to move after school gets out so we can get a smaller place and pay less and save a bundle (like qwest/comcast/AOLtimewarner). It feels good! PS i am getting addicted to IKEA. I went without the kids and had a blast. I kept it to a one hour visit and got what i wanted while being able to just drag my feet and look at every little thing. and i had a great laugh at this very obese man screaming at his wife that they were lost and had already been at this part with the vases and plants. boy was he mad that he had to keep walking in circles. I know the shortcuts so i don't get lost or waist time. but i had a super good laugh at that guy. I got two new pillows with crocheted shams for our other couch and they look great. plus i got a pink time out stool. just perfect for naughty girls to sit and think how to be nice again. they actually love it and have been telling me about their time out chair. like i don't know that i bought.
emily says " hey mom, i see my time out chair."
mom says" you better be nice or you'll be sitting in that chair in a minute."
emily says" i know. i am a good glur now. are you happy mom?"
mom says" so happy, now help me out with this laundry so i can me happier."
that is my life.
MORGAN- I asked sarah if she wanted to stay home for school and have mommy teach her and she jumped on that like a immigrant catching a bus out of mexico. so i am considering home school. not too hard though. i don't know if i could put up with the kids all day everyday without a break.

11 comments:

Cort said...

Hmmm, nice work! Debt free is key and so is Ikea. Good thing our Ikea is an hour away or I'd be going all the time.

Philip and Melissa said...

So nice to hear good economic news:-) that's great you got a return!!!!

gruvyteacher said...

Good job on getting debt free. We will be debt free (minus the house) after we pay off the car in May. All we have left to pay for would be the house. It is so awesome! Keep going! In the words of DaveRamsey "you gotta live like no one else" so in the future "you can live like no one else"!

Julie said...

Ben sometimes pesters me about home school. I think he has this mistaken idea that it would be easier. I have to tell him that if he was home all day, it would turn into a big fight and I would probably beat him. LOL! Hooray for the public school system. And hooray for tax returns! I can't wait until ours comes.

[Morgan] said...

agh.
we can't decide what to do with ellie.
i can't home school.
i will surely CRACK. SNAP. SCREAM.
charter or public? both are close to us?.... such politics.

Sarady said...

I find your Ikea love ironic since I recall a post several months ago stating that you would never shop at Ikea again because some TV had a blood and guts show on. I'm just razcavari-valling with ya. Who can resist Ikea and their swedish krunks and publees (or their delicious Cafeteria food)? Sadly, our Ikea is 2 1/2 hours away.

"I love you. Always. (my eyes popped really big when I wrote that.)

Life with the Warrens said...

oh sarsh you get me so well. i did rag on ikea cuz i was with the kids and i imagined it to a safe super kewl new place to have fun and lay on all the beds and sit in all the chairs etc. but now i just skip all the showrooms and go straight to textiles or whatever i need. "I touch you once, i touch you twice, i won't let go at any price/ i need you now like i needed you then/ you always we'd meet again/ some day" lalalalaa

candicetheresa said...

So funny. I LOVE picturing you and the girls in your notty chair conversation!

Amanda said...

So much for not liking IKEA, huh? I'm looking forward to doing our taxes (with the hope of a return) too.

Staigerfamily said...

Find that camera! I want to see pictures of your craftiness! AND. . . isn't nice to be in a stage of life where taxes are a BLESSING?!?

Sarady said...

Love you, my precious! I'm thinking about you this week.