Monday, February 9, 2009

Hunk o' burnin' love

My poor little Sarah has a fever. It is the saddest thing when your little child comes to you all wrapped up in a blanket and looking extremely tired saying " mommy, I am so tired and I don't feel good. Can I go to bed now?" That is what happened last night. It just made my heart wrinkle up with sadness for her. I know where we got it. We were at IKEA on saturday and all the little germs in the kids play room got her sick. That makes me so mad. But Jeremy and I were expecting it. It just happens within 48 hours so she was a little early coming to us to say she was sick. For now, she is in bed with the DVD player watching Dora. Despite feeling horrible she is happy to watch cartoons in bed. Sounds spoiled doesn't it?

4 comments:

Sarady said...

Poor Sarah. I bet your kids will be fully immune to germs by the time they are 10 since they seem to pick up every single germ known to man in play areas.

Staigerfamily said...

poor, poor sarah! Hang in there! Honestly. . . I wouldn't mind spending a day tucked in bed watching cartoons. . .(if I could skip the feeling bad part.)

Julie said...

Poor lil sickie. I hope it doesn't get spread to the rest of you. Hope thing are okay otherwise! Miss you!

[Morgan] said...

yuck.
i'm a total kid playplace germaphobe.
ellie's totally going to kindergarten with hand sanitizer hooked to her back pack.
she'll make it cool.
or not...
either way she's wearing it.