Monday, July 14, 2008

IKEA

Saturday night was the first time i set a foot in Ikea. I was shocked at how huge it was. well of course it had to be huge, they had full apartments in there all decked out in plastic and pressed wood to sell us for outrageous prices. jeremy and i were laughing all the all the people down in the check out. We couldn't imagine there big bodies on the small beds. i did witness a girl drop a soft serve yogurt from her cone right in front of the register and I was laughing so heartily. I probably shouldn't have laughed so hard. but the place was comical. i told jeremy that we should go on a date to IKEA for a couple of hours and pretend to live in every room. we did find a cute dresser but i think we will pass on the paneled wood look that has a nice sheet of white paper on top. I really didn't think that it was the MOST amazing store in the world. most of the time we couldn't find our way out and got lost to the car. and sometimes they didn't have adequate explanations in english to tell us what the heck the product was. I also told jeremy that only Swedes should work at this store. How many of you like IKEA products?

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I love IKEA! Some of their stuff is silly, but some is truly sublime. My house is full of the stuff. :)

[Morgan] said...

i like ikea for the drapes and some of the bedding stuff...
not down on the whole trend of it, or the swedish look. they do have some good stuff but you have to dig deep...
i can picture you there... no problem! lol

candicetheresa said...

It is SO funny you say this...because the first time I went to IKEA, and it took four hours like it always does, I wasn't impressed. A week ago I decided to give it another shot...Another four hours wasted. I bought some things and a few days later took everything back. Strike two. I am reminding Tim not to let me give it a chance for strike three.

Julie said...

We looked for a bed for Sophie at Ikea, and you are right! They are tiny! However, the cheap pressed wood starts to look tempting after you see the prices at R.C. Willey... and I do like their accessories: lamps and throws and mirrors and stuff. That date idea sounds like a blast! Grab yourself some meatballs and do some people watching!

Amanda said...

Oh, you make me laugh. You are the first person that I've ever heard of that didn't LOVE Ikea. I made my first trip a few weeks ago but didn't go in the show rooms (I had the kids with me and it was nap time). I'm kind of a middle-ground person - it's okay for some stuff, but not everything.

Anonymous said...

Well I don't have a strong opinion either way about Ikea, but I just wanted to let you know that your delicious man of the month has expired. Mike and I think it is hilarious that you have such a thing. Does Jeremy get jealous?

Sarady said...

I really like Ikea. Some of their stuff is really cheap and a little far-fetched, but every once in a while you can find some cool stuff for decent prices. In fact, we are going on Friday to look for some things. You are right about the maze though. I can never find my way out and it is always sooo crowded.

Staigerfamily said...

Okay--here's a confession. . . I like ikea for organizing ideas. I love the idea of finding room for everything in such tiny spaces and having it all look so neat and tidy. BUT you are right about the products. . . not top quality. I did buy some paintings their for my master bedroom. . . but I'd stick with kitchen stuff and accessories. . . .not furniture unless you want to replace it in two years or something. . .