Thursday, May 22, 2008

No phone, No computer, No fridge...

Can you believe it is possible in the 21st century to live without these things. I think that i have gotten use to it by now since i have been without for about a week. well i am cheating here at my MIL's house using the phone and computer. but the fridge!!! Why does it take so long to deliver a fridge that was ordered a week ago? I guess i am getting a tiny taste of my dream to live like a colonial woman. Only this i can get around with a cooler and ice. Not too hard but i just can't go down the lane and get ol' bessie to squeeze out a few bottles of milk for us and then make butter! haha we are surviving and i think this experience has made me appreciate the power of prayer and just plain patience! I wish i had pics to post for this but since i am not even at home to load them i see no point. wait for futher descriptions of our new home.

Well i took Jeremy to work today in morning LA gridlock fashion. and then i realized i forgot to close our garage door and had to go back and close it!! talk about wasting my $4 bucks/gallon on that! But we had our bikes and stuff in there so i could just fall prey to the townhome community weirdos that don't work and just hang out with their dogs all day smoking who knows what and boozin' it by the pool. More to come...

12 comments:

shaun said...

Wow. Sounds like you guys are really living the life. When are you gonna give it up and move to Northern California. You know that is where you heart is.

[Morgan] said...

So glad to see you post!!!
No fridge... horrible. ours went out about a year ago and it took them almost two weeks to get the special order part to fix it! it was awful! i feel you man, i feel you.

Maleina said...

I can sympathize. We didn't have a fridge or phone for like three weeks when we moved in. We did have a computer though. Hope you get these great amenities we have been blessed in our day to have soon :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like living at Family Tree...no fridge...crazy people :) I'm sad you guys are gone...now you won't be in Utah when we come to visit. Oh well, I hope we'll still see you! Glad you are all alive and finally moved in!

Cort said...

The fridge part sucks but computer and tv and such, once it's gone you really don't miss it, only for a few days. Carlos & I have only had internet and cable 1/2 of our marriage and I think I actually prefer a life without it because I'm much more productive that way.

Amanda said...

I hope you get everything soon. I can't wait to find out more about your adventure in California. Sounds like your neighborhood is kinda like that duplex down the street from us here in Provo... Good luck with everything.

Julie said...

You have been living without a fridge? Wow! That is a pain. How do you keep everything from getting soggy in the cooler? I seriously think that I was "saved" for this time period because I told God I was not going anywhere that didn't have electricity and hot water. LOL! :D Hope things get less crazy, soon! Can't wait to see pix of the new digs!

Sarady said...

I can't wait for you to get the Internet either.

Philip and Melissa said...

Oh man...4 bucks a gallon on gas??!!?? What is this world coming to! Have you guys had time to go to the beach yet?

Staigerfamily said...

Sounds like your living the high life! Unlike so many other commentators on this post--going without a fridge is an experience I have yet to endure and hope to have never cross my path--especially with kids! What a pain! You have my sympathies!

gruvyteacher said...

Good Times, makin' memories. I remember when we had to live out of the rolling cooler b/c we had no fridge. You learn to appreciate it! I hope you get settled soon. Would love to hear about Jeremy's job and live in sunny CA!!!
I'm coming to San Fran in Oct. to do the Nike Women's Marathon (actually just the 1/2 marathon).

Sarady said...

Are you connected to the WWW yet?