Wednesday, May 7, 2008

If you like Pina Colada......


and getting caught in the rain!! That is what happened to myself and little family while on a bike ride to the duck pond at BYU and back. It started out just fine. It was overcast but not too bad and all the duckies loved getting the bread. so it was starting to get boring feeding them and i noticed some rain drops. the kids hopped into the bike trailer and jeremy and i were off. it was sprinkling, then a little harder, then harder and then hailing on our faces(the girls were fine and dandy in the trailer all snug and warm and dry) and the lighting was cracking and the thunder rolling, all the while i am yelling at jeremy " wow, honey, what a great idea to feed the ducks today!!" We pedaled our little hearts out and were still soaked to the bone. If you were here you know that it was a full on flash flood. I wish we had pictures but we didn't get any or risk getting the camera wet. As we pull up to the complex, our neighbor was on her balcony watching her daughter and laughing hysterically at us in our condition. I thought it was rather hilarious too! We are all cozy now, with root beer and pizza to keep us dry and happy!

10 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your blog! I miss you, are you in Utah? I'm linking to your blog on my blog :)

Sarady said...

I like getting caught in the rain. It makes me feel free-spirited like Sandra (Sandy) Bullock in "Forces of Nature." Glad you guys made it home safely and didn't catch fire from the lightning.

Sarady said...

P.S. I need your address in California. Just send me an e-mail, yo.

gruvyteacher said...

I love reading your blog. And I have to say, what an awesome mom you are! Love the cake and can't believe the time as flown so fast. Enjoy yourself and your move!!

Staigerfamily said...

Ahhh. . .nothing like creating memories . . . WITH HAIL POUNDING IN YOUR FACE! Wow. Sounds like an adventure. You guys are the troopers for making it back home. I love how the kids get to stay snuggly, warm, and clueless to the pain of their parents struggling to get them home. ahhh. . .the bliss of childhood!

Julie said...

Ouch! I hope you didn't have any hail-induced bruises! Were Sara or Emily scared? They are such adventurers, they probably thought it was so cool. Just think... hardly any hail in So.Cal.! :D

Cort said...

That's so awesome! I love that you guys have a little bike trailer. I tried to talk Carlos into one with no succuess. Hey, Forces of Nature was on a couple of weeks ago, that is a cute scene.

Cort said...

hjqThat's so awesome! I love that you guys have a little bike trailer. I tried to talk Carlos into one with no succuess. Hey, Forces of Nature was on a couple of weeks ago, that is a cute scene.

Maleina said...

what just rootbeer no pina coladas? That was INSANE weather yesterday, thankfully it started to rain before we left we left for the park so we were not caught in it. My kids however were very disappointed all dressed up with nowhere to go.

[Morgan] said...

Oh! That's out of control! I was driving in it and had to pull over for a couple of minutes because i couldn't see anything!
Hey, Ellie ended up having a rare sleep over at her grammy's tonight too so she won't be home in the morning! Can I call you tomorrow afternoon or maybe if you haven't left yet, Saturday?
Let me know!