Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Emily!





My baby is 5 today! I can't believe it cuz she still acts like a little baby. I have to remind her that 5 year olds don't cry and whine like babies do or else they have to wear a diaper and take naps. That usually sends her a jolt to behave. But we had a great little family party last night to celebrate this once in a lifetime birthday age. Since her birthday is so soon after Christmas, you would think that it would cost alot of money for presents. we have found the opposite to be true. Everything is usually clearanced so we were able to get the My little pony Mermaid castle(?) thingy with an extra set of mini cheerleading ponies to fit right along with it. That cake jeremy made turned out awesome. It was a rainbow cake copied from this blog, but much simpler. She was so surprised! How many kids get a six layered rainbow cake that tastes like cotton candy and decorated with My Little Ponies?? Anyhoo I am so amazed at how much she has grown and changed over the last year. She is still a diva/princess though. I guess you never grow out of that! Happy Birthday Little Emily!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, Jeremy made that cake? It is amazing! Happy birthday, Sweet Emily!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday, Emily! I can't believe she's 5! Jeremy did a great job on that cake too. I don't think David would be so adventurous. :)

{Marie Long} said...

That cake is awesome! Happy Birthday Emily!!!

gruvyteacher said...

Awesome cake. I have to say I thought you did that. Go Jeremy! You guys are awesome parents!! I will be sending a package soon. Still putting things in it!

Staigerfamily said...

Wow! That is a cake!