Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's Bigger!


Carpal Tunnel + self portrait= blurry picture
Only a few more weeks. I know i can do this. But do i really want to? can't they just come right now? I have gained about 48lbs so far. I know! talk about a ton of weight! i am guessing these little buggers won't come until they are forced out at 37 weeks causing me to put on about another 10 lbs. Holy crap that is 60lbs total! I know if you break it down it is only 30lbs per baby which in a normal pregnancy is pretty dang great. But let me tell you, the depression is starting to kick in about how much i am gonna need to lose to feel like me again. Somewhere inside my brain i thought i would only gain about 40 lbs tops. Now I look in the mirror with my truth telling glasses and see that this is going to be a long journey back after my little angels get here. They are still small but almost 4lbs each. another month or so and they should be about 6. With that in mind I hope I will be able to bring them home with me.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What an amazing experience, Tanya. I know the weight gain must feel overwhelming, but it would be great if the little peaches could bake until 37 weeks so that they can be as healthy as possible. I'll bet so much of it will come off just with delivery. I'm not sure what to tell you about all the stretched skin, though! Maybe other twin mommas know some secrets? Keep hanging in there!

Cort said...

You are amazing. Some women gain 60 & 70 lbs in a regular pregnancy. You're doing awesome. Losing baby weight sucks no matter how you look at it. I'm struggling right now with that. I think if you have twins, insurance should definitely cover a tummy tuck. I so want to come and see you around Christmas if you're up to it all.