Saturday, October 30, 2010

Frustration

Do any of you feel the same frustration as me when you see all these awesome blogs of furniture redos? I can't fathom where they find this stuff first of all, and then have the money to change it up and look so beautiful. And then they actually have a place in their house( i don't have a house), you know it was just "perfect" for they spot they picked. I have a million ideas right now in my head but have no room or extra monies to do anything with them. How about I start and ANTI-Reupholstry blog, and keep it real like the rest of America on a one income living in California? Does that sound interesting? Every week i could feature a piece of furniture in my house that hasn't changed since we got married 9 years ago and is falling apart but can't be replaced or fixed up right now, has pencil drawn all over its surface and paint chips flaking off the banister cuz the owner used water based paint on top of oil based paint on top of water based paint with so many layers the wood doesn't know what the crap is going on. I could highlight the walls that were painted with a flat eggshell only to be half way repainted with a high gloss or possibly semi gloss eggshell paint so you can see the roll strokes half way up the wall. I could also feature the green carpet that doesn't go with any shade of paint or color of furniture and makes my place dark like a dungeon. The brass fixtures would get a post all on their own. Why Brass???? seriously it looks ugly and cheap. Well i just hit the nail on the head. It must have been cheap when they did this place. Did i mention I hate EGGSHELL paint with green baby poop colored carpet? Let's not forget the popcorn ceiling that my daughter on her top bunk loves to touch and get all over her bed and carpet. I can actually see the dust lining around the ceiling getting in between all the popcorn. Hey I think I might have something here. I just need a million followers, and be featured on somebody else's blog and TV show/Magazine. i wonder if Pottery Barn would be interested.
PS I also don't own a cricut or sillouette machine for cutesie, simple decoration projects.

5 comments:

[Morgan] said...

i love you tanya. love love love you:]

Chad and Rachel said...

How about those blogs about making really cute little skirts, aprons, and pillow cases out of scraps that were just lying around after all the other super cute projects this amazingly talented pregnant mother of twins did! I feel ya :)

gruvyteacher said...

I would read that blog!

gruvyteacher said...

I would read that blog~!

Sarady said...

Oh, my dear Tanski, you are on to something. I was cracking up reading this. I totally feel the same way. What I'd like to know is where are their perfect children while they do this? And how do they have the energy and time to do this? These are some other quandries to throw into the frustration mix. I think you and I need to start our own blog. It could be the coolest cynical blog out there.