Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sunny AZ

So i am in Mesa, AZ to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday by helping my mother get back on her feet. I will return to scorching hot California on Monday night. So when I decided to drive here by myself I had no idea there were two Highway 60's and google maps failed me and i added about 2 hours to my drive through some crazy podunk towns and winding two lanes. I was nervous but I just kept my spirits up by listening to a children's book on CD read by Brenden Fraser and let me tell you, he can do all the voices. I mean ALL the voices you can think of. I was thoroughly entertained until i came to a big city and pulled up to a Barnes and Noble and stopped my first and last elderly couple to set me back on my route to Mesa. I was about an hour away and 5 freeways away. I am so surprised at how the Lord blesses. Mind you I was lost for awhile and would never have found my way back without having the courage to stop and ask these sweet folks how to get back. It sort of reminds me of the gospel and when we lose our way. We just need to ASK. So they gave me great directions and I made it in the dark to a city I have never driven to before all alone and in good spirits. My poor mother on the other hand was in dire straits hoping i wasn't dead in a ditch and jeremy had already called looking for me. So I am here enjoying my vacation and the sun. See you all back in California.

9 comments:

Staigerfamily said...

Did the girls go with you or are you really ALONE? Hope your mom's okay!

[Morgan] said...

come back to freezing cold utah. we miss you.

Life with the Warrens said...

yes i am ALONE. it was a nice break but i went from taking care of three individuals who can do most anything on their own to taking care on one who can't really do anything. she is stubborn but i reigned her in a bit while i was here. i wish i could go back to utah and enjoy the snow too. maybe in a few months.

Amanda said...

I hope your mom is doing better. Someday, when you come to AZ, we'll have to get together. Maybe next time... Good luck with the drive back. It gives me courage to drive to Georgia with three kids by myself soon.

Anonymous said...

Tanya,

I just wanted to thank you on your blog for leaving me a comment. I was loosing confidence quickly.

I am glad you made it to az. Happy mlk day.

Brady

Anonymous said...

I guess this is what cell phones come in handy for, eh? Well, I'm glad you were safe and that you got to take a break. Love you. Sarah

Life with the Warrens said...

it wasn't really a break. i had to take care of a big, sick, old mother.

Ashton and Lydia Buswell said...

So i was thinking about you the other day as I bought a planner called the jewish woman's planner or something like that. it is so awesome. it has all these recipes and facts. you would totally love it!

candicetheresa said...

Oh my. What a scary situation! But I can just see you giggling alone in your car to Brendon's voices. Love you so much!