Monday, January 5, 2009

Back from Vacation


Well it is great to say that we left Utah and arrived back in California in one piece. It took longer than expected with all the holiday traffic but all in all it was safe. We had a very fun time playing with grandma Judy and Juliann and also made some wonderful new friends, The Barlows. They showed us warmth and hospitality and gave us a free place to stay, which we trespassed upon for longer than expected( i got really sick) but they were so kind and loving. The children were great and played so well with Sarah and Emily. We hope to see more of them in the future. I think I came home smarter from playing Take 2. That is my new favorite game. The British Dictionary has every word imaginable I think including fictional names. I know you are saying "random" but hey who knows where thoughts come from, they just appear. We were able to sled, and visit our old ward, meet up with my girls from Girls' Night and have lunch, shoot fireworks, freeze in the snow, get sick, eat brick oven, spend money, do some light work with quickbooks, play a very fun round of Guitar Hero, eat at spaghetti mama's and be poisoned, watch BraveHeart, play at the dinosaur in the University Mall, etc. I feel like bilbo when he says he felt like butter being scraped over too much bread. I loved every minute except the barfing part and realized how much I truly missed Utah. Now that I am back I have been cleaning all day. You name it and I have been cleaning it. I am nowhere finished with it all but I have everyday to do that. As for New Years Resolutions I haven't decided what they are but I have resolved to make a resolution. Maybe I will post it on the side. I am not getting too ambitious though. I don't want to burn myself out during the school year. I think I will play more games with my girls and hubby. That sounds like my first one -Yay! Happy New Year to you all!

6 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

Happy New year sweet girl!!! Glad you're home safe!

Staigerfamily said...

Wow! What a trip! Wish I could have joined you all for lunch. I have resolved to set my resolutions by Feb 1st. See Feb 1st is totally the new Jan 1st. Or something.

Julie said...

I am glad you are home safely, and I am so sorry that you were sick! May Spaghetti Mama's be stricken from our list of places to eat forevermore! :P Although, I don't think that's what got Sophia, because Bella and Ryan both got a sick a few days later. Evil stomach bugs.

Janelle. said...

I am glad you loved it...except for the barf part...and the not seeing us part :( We wanted to come down there SOOOO bad! But we decided to leave before the weather got bad...so we threw everything in the car Sunday morning and left! We miss you guys!!! I hope you are feeling better and cleaner! Speaking of cleaning and barfing...I need to clean the house and change my pants spattered with Preston's barf...he keeps coughing so hard he throws up...it's pretty nasty. Being a mom is grrreat! And now that I have written a novel...i'll go!

Astromom said...

We loved having you here. It was so fun to make new friends with you. You guys are great. Let us know when your in town again and we'll play some more take two.

g said...

Glad to have had you, It was fun for us too, you're missing Utah, and I'm missing California. Glad you made it home safely too, Post holiday, Sunday afternoon, Vegas to LA, traffic can be difficult, something no one really misses.