Thursday, November 12, 2009

PTA PREZ in da HOUSE!

That's right folks. I am now the president which was quite easy to win since i live in a very uneducated, i-don't-care-to-speak-english community. This is only the 3 rd year since PTA has been up and running and I feel like a Kindergartner(say like Joe Pesci on Home Alone). I really have no clue and the fund-raiser has already been under way so I have no worries until the first of the year. At that point we will begin our Appreciation Brunches, wave good bye to our kids as they head off to field trips that we fund, and have awards ceremonies. Can't be too difficult. I would like to throw in a talent show but who knows. The parents just don't care. It bothers me alot, and i want to be like those penguins in Madagascar and blow this dump. I have been elected for 2 years and we have to "motion" everything before we can do it. Also I am on the District Board as the School Rep and the Vice-Chairman on the School Site council. Can I do it? We shall see. I could take time from my busy marky mark pants dropping schedule to help my daughter and her school. After this though, I am thinking we move to the country get a ranch and home school my kids and have them take horsey lessons. Sounds good to me. I am so over the whole California City Life. Get me outta here!

4 comments:

Cort said...

Oh man I love it. I just joined our PTA. We are a low income school too. One thing they do that I love it once a month on Fridays the kids can buy bags of popcorn or beef jerky for 50 cents each. Cheap but worth it fund raiser.

Cort said...

Oh and thanks for the laughs, I adore movie joker quoters.

gruvyteacher said...

you go girl. I am proud of you for taking the initiative. Sounds like the school I work, except the PTA really are a pretty good group of gals to work with.

Janelle. said...

Tanski...girl, you are awesome. I'm so impressed. Good luck with that..it sounds so prestigious. I feel almost like I am friends with a celebrity. Once again, I think you're AWESOME!