Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby shower gifts




So what do you make when you are in a pinch for a baby shower? Well I had to come up with something. I am so use to making girl things that this time around for boys I was totally stuck. So i went with the mommy gift instead of baby gift. I have been wanting to make my own for a long time but just never got around to it. I know you are asking out loud " are you going to tell us what you made???" Ok I made a rice therapy heating bag and to follow with a cold therapy flax seed eye cover (for those hang over mornings when the babes kept you up all night watching M.A.S.H.) I made a little pillow case cover for the rice bag but I sewed the flax seed straight into the bag. That one took a bit of work to keep from spilling all over the place. And I found a blog that made free tags so i just printed them out and viola! All done. I hope mommy likey. The best part was just using what I had for scraps and food. The scent for the rice bag was Lavender/Vanilla. Kinda of smells like clean baby bums. It made me laugh. This is a super simple project with or without the velcro. I opted for velcro cuz it just made it feel like it was finished off. What do you think? Also I was wondering how all the people in Costco get a membership when it is suppose to be a Business Card? Do they just make up a business? I think that if I did start a business I would name it ToodleToots. Don't steal it cuz i just TM'd it. (Trademarked it). So now I have a business name. What to sell at a fraction of the cost? I hate looking at handmde aprons that cost $35. What the H-E-double hockey sticks are they thinking? There is no way I would pay for that. Maybe set between 10-15 buckeroos I would spring for but not $35. Not no way not no how!

3 comments:

candicetheresa said...

So cool. You are so innovative. And I love the smell of lavender.

I really want to steal Toodletoots.

[Morgan] said...

okay, so i love the rice packs. i use them ALL the time.
you are genius friend.

Cort said...

Man, too bad we dont' live closer for crafty days.