Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kill the Summer boredom!

Are you getting bored already? School starts in a month and a half for Sarah and we are already tired of the heat but managing to hit the pool everyday that we are not sick! So I have done two projects that I want to share with you in case you are getting bored. They are super easy and will make your kids happy if you choose to share with them!

1.Polynesian candy bracelets(much like the candy lei)-lay plastic wrap down on the table. put your candies in a row and then roll the wrap around the candies. try small ribbons between each candy and tie up the end to make a bracelet. these won't last long though so take the pics quickly!

2.Pillow magic- use any left over scraps of material(if you sew and have any) cut out your favorite shape(we used hearts) and sew right sides together leaving a hole big enough to stuff. stuff it as full as you want with fiberfill(the best deal is at walmart in the sewing section-less than $4 a bag) and then top stitch the opening closed. VIOLA! you have a fun new pillow. It takes about 30 minutes from cut out to cuddle!

I hope everyone is having a fun summer so far and not getting too bored. Hopefully I will be seeing my new Neice, Lavender Dawn, this weekend. Jeremy's sister, Amber, had her baby last friday and we have yet to see the baby in person. I did watch her big sister Emerald yesterday and it was easy as pie with three girls. I have watched 3 kids + 1 infant all at one time and I know I can do it, I just don't know if i can handle the birthing process again. But every night I am dreaming about babies so I think I am almost ready for #3. We shall see when that happens. Every day gets easier and easier with little girls who can take care of themselves for the most part.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Believe it or not, school starts on Monday here! Not that that will change the temperature outside! Fun ideas for the kids. I might just do that pillow this afternoon. Good luck figuring out when to have another baby... or waiting for the Lord to decide for you - that always works!

[Morgan] said...

after having such a busy school year last year i couldn't imagine being bored.
... now i have nada to do and i'm finding myself SO bored. the kids and i put the pool out in the back yard everyday and i sit and watch them play. they take pretty good care of themselves, like yours.
#3?! do it!
you are such a good mommy. maybe a boy? who knows...

Janelle. said...

Fun...you are always doing cute fun things. I hope you are having a good summer, it looks like you guys are staying occupied!