Monday, December 8, 2008

Jungle Tip

ok so this tip is not for the jungle although i have heard two amazing jungle tips that i will never forget and are very useful. but this tip is for laundering. especially if you are working with snuggle flannel prints for jammies and such. the tip is before you cut the material you should always wash it but you are already know that so the the real tip is when you dry it throw in 24 dryer sheets and then rewash and redry it again. it will come out so soft and cuddly and you won't have to use fabric softener for a long time on those jammies or whatever you made. it has a very vintage soft feel that will make you crave to be wearing or using them all the time. I hope this tip has helped you in your sewing/crafting phase of the year. BONUS: the material is soooooo much easier to cut when you do this. Good luck on all your projects and Merry Christmas. Can't wait to give my girls their super comfy soft cuddly nightgowns this year! picture to follow at Christmas.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't use dryer sheets anymore, but still have a small stash of them. I've been wondering why I'm holding on to them, and now I know! I look forward to trying this with the next baby blanket I make. (I don't really make clothes...)

KristiKay said...

That's a cool tip! Thanks for sharing! How are you? Is it looking any more like winter out there? We're having a HUGE snowstorm right now and I was thinking of you! Are you guys coming out here? I want to see you tons! Let me know!